Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ladders and Balloons

Today was a nice relaxing day.  We did a lot of nothing in the afternoon and it was great.  We went for our Sunday bike ride which was very relaxing as always.  We got home and decided to stay outside to enjoy the evening.  Evan swung and we both did stuff outside, again super relaxing.  It got dark, as it does at this time of year, so we sat on the grass and looked at the stars and planes.  Evan decided to proclaim his love for mommy, daddy, and Gugu!  Then I said tell Nana hi and he yelled NANA I LOVE YOU!!!  He then asked daddy to crank a ladder up into the sky so he could see his Nana.  I decided it was time to do something I had promised so I went and blew up a balloon. (I know who has balloons and helium readily available....Me!!!)   
So we went out in the grass and he hugged, kissed, and told the balloon he loved Nana and sent it up!  He watched it until it was completely gone and then said, "Nana already got it."  And then he decided he wanted to do one more just in case she didn't get the first one.

I want the feeling and thought process of a 3 year old!  I want things to be simple and I want to believe that Nana/Mom can be waiting and seeing me in the sky.  So even though that balloon was sent from Evan, in my heart it was from  me too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment