Monday, February 21, 2011

5 months and 15 days...

Well I hadn't added anything in quite some time.  I'm not sure if it was life or me trying to heal but whatever the reason I just stopped!  This last 5 months has been hectic; we have been a like a really sad country song.  We have all been sick, we have lost a dog and a cat, and worse of all we lost my grandma who we all thought would live forever. 
It seemed like things were looking up after my mom passed but then my dear Grandma Ruby got sick.  This women has been the pillar of our family forever and never stopped.  She took care of everyone, and by that I mean everyone!  This women was mom, grandma, and great grandma to her own family and many others too.  When she began getting sick we didn't think know what was going on, a shock to us all.  My awesome aunt started living with her.  It was exactly what our family needed and everything seemed to be flowing.  As time went on we soon realized that grandma was not going to be with us much longer.  She did amazing things in her last 5 months; things I don't think I could have found the strength to do, but she did.  On February 18th 2011 just a short 5 months and 15 days my grandma went to be with my mom and grandpa. 
Her presence will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO missed but I'm glad to know my mom has her mom back! 
Grandma Ruby we love you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Keep your head up, friendo. Youre a part of an amazing family, and you will all get through this tough time. I'm sorry for your loss, Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything happens for a reason, and although life seems cruel at times, I believe there is a plan for all of us. I'm so happy that you could have your grandma and mom around to see your first born son, and that they were able to be there for you and love you as long as they could. I love you very much, and you are very strong! Keep your spirits high and know that you have plenty around you to help support you in these tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read this a couple of times since you posted it. I must admit, your family is one of the most resilient families I have ever been blessed to be in contact with. You are all amazing individuals... but when you're all together, you're like the Justice League...

    Anyway, just wanted to share that with you.

    ReplyDelete